Preventing Your Ex-Wife From Moving Away With Your Children

After a divorce has occurred your ex-wife may want to move away to another state, this can disrupt the custody arrangements you might have with her as far as visitation and other responsibilities go.  Moves such as this can be very strenuous on a relationship between a parent and their children, and for this reason many people choose to try and have something done about it in court.   A move within the same state that still has a considerable amount of distance is still something that can be seen as disruptive for both the children and the parent.

Many parents are justifiably upset when their children might be moved really far away by the custodial parent, and as a result they might need to consult with a legal professional in order to have your interests represented in court.  Seeking out the right legal professionals is going to allow someone to navigate the legal system more easily, and have some advice provided.

Addressing your concerns with a legal professional is something that can allow someone to bring the matter before the court in order to attempt to find a solution.  The court will consider how much time has passed and whether or not the needs of the child have changed.  These assessments are done on a case by case basis, and for this reason it is important to have a legal professional around.  Any move can be brought to the attention of the court, but it is not a guarantee.

To speak to a National Family Solutions representative about a family legal matter, please click on the button below

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.